(see below to Schedule a Wedding)
- Judges are available to preside over your wedding ceremony.
- Please request a date at least one week in advance to allow for
processing. If there is less than one week before your requested date,
please be sure to indicate that under special requests. Every attempt
will be made to accommodate your request.
- Weddings can be performed at the courthouse or a location of your
choice within Minnesota.
- By the time of the ceremony, you must have a valid Minnesota
marriage license and two witnesses. You can apply for a license in
Anoka County at the License Bureaus. For information about applying
for a license go to
Marriage License information on this Web site or call
- Financial considerations for performing a wedding can only be
discussed with the judge performing your ceremony. The cost will
depend on several factors including location, date, time and length of
Schedule a Wedding
To schedule a wedding you may:
- Fill out and submit the online wedding scheduling request form.
- Download and print the wedding scheduling request form
(Adobe Acrobat format), fill it out completely,
and fax it to 763-422-6919.
- Call 763-422-7315 and leave a voice message with the following
information (please speak slowly and clearly):
- The names of the applicants, including the spelling.
- Home, work and cell phone numbers where you can be reached
during the day.
- The date and time of the ceremony. (Note - Weddings are
normally NOT performed during regular court business hours, Monday -
Friday between 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- The location of the ceremony and any other special requests.
Once this information is received, our office will contact you within
two working days with the name and phone number of the assigned
judge. If you have not received that information within two days, please