Empowers Youth Program
Here to Help!
So much to think about while finishing up on-line school, finding a summer job and making plans after graduation. Call us, we are here to help!
Click HERE for more information.
Anoka County Empowers Program is a voluntary program that provides employment and training opportunities to youth and young adults. We can help you get a good paying job in the field of your interest or we can help pay for you to attend a two-year college as well as everything in between.
If you are between the ages of 14-24 and answer yes to ONE OR MORE of the questions below, you may be eligible for youth program(s). For more information, complete the inquiry at www.anokacountymn.gov/jtcapply and a staff member will reach out to you.
- Do you receive free/reduced lunch, Medical Assistance, or any other type of public assistance?
- Are you behind in school or have you dropped out? Are you an English Language Learner?
- Are you pregnant or a parent, or are you a foster child?
- Disability (including mental, physical, emotional, chemical dependency) or do you have an IEP at school?
- Have you been in trouble with the law or have a parent who suffers from chemical dependency?
Note: the list above is not all inclusive. There may be other factors which would qualify you for our programs.
Inquire to find out if you would be eligible!
Why Enroll in the Empowers Program?
- Help identifying a career through individual career planning
- Assist with job search
- Paid work opportunity/internship at a local business being paid $11-$14 per hour. Link to Flyer
- Paid training in occupational certification, technical training, or college associate degrees
- Assistance with books for school, bus passes, and clothing for work
- Assistance with resume and interviewing skills
- Support from a job counselor to help you achieve your goals