ATV, ORV or OHM Registration

  1. Coon Rapids Drop Box Out of Order

    The Anoka County License Center drop box located at our Coon Rapids facility (455 99th Ave NW Ste 100, Coon Rapids, MN 55433) is currently out of order. Please utilize our other drop box locations until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience. Read on...
View All

Minnesota Statute 84.922 requires that all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), off road vehicles (ORVs) and off highway motorcycles (OHMs) owned by Minnesota residents must be registered unless exempt. A public use ATV, ORV or OHM registration is valid for three years from the year of issuance. ATV, ORV and OHM registration runs from January 1 through December 31.

How to Renew ATV, ORV or OHM Registration

ATV, ORV or OHM registration can be renewed by the owner at any Anoka County License Center. If you wish to renew someone else’s registration, you will need either the renewal post card from the DNR or a completed permission slip (This form needs to be accompanied by either a 1.) Legible copy of the registered owner state issued driver’s license or ID in addition to their signature or 2.) Signed by the registered owner and notarized. Please note, spouses must also fill out the attached form if they do not possess the renewal card.)

How To Obtain Initial ATV, ORV or OHM Registration

An ATV, ORV or OHM registration can be purchased by the owner, in person, at any Anoka County License Center.

When transferring registration for a currently registered ATV, ORV or OHM a bill of sale with signatures of both buyer and seller, and all vehicle information is required.

The owner must provide:

  • Make
  • Model
  • Year
  • Serial number
  • Engine size in HP or cubic centimeters (cc’s)
  • Weight of ATV (ORV and OHM do not apply)
  • Registration number (if currently registered in MN)

Required Identification

You must provide a valid Driver’s License or Identification Card.

Required Fees

Because circumstances vary, we are unable to quote pricing until all documents have been presented to a License Center representative.