Right-of-Way Permits

A Right-of-Way Permit is required for any work which will be performed in the County right-of-way.   Work may include grading, or any utility installations, modifications and repairs, including private sewer and water connections. 

How to Apply

All applicants must be registered prior to permit approval.  To register, use the following form:

New User Registration Instructions and Form

Permit applications are now accepted online only.  To apply, please click the following link:

Application for Right-of-Way Permit

Other Governing Information:

Gopher State One Call Requirements

Excavators (including homeowners) throughout Minnesota are responsible for notifying Gopher State One Call of their proposed excavations. The call center will notify participating underground facility operators so they can mark the location of their facilities. If you are a contractor working for a homeowner, it is your responsibility to read the Gopher State One Call Handbook. Please notify Gopher State One Call using their website or by calling 651-454-0002.

Right-of-Way Permit Fees

  • Utility Distribution: $150
  • Non-Utility Excavation (No Open Cut of Roadway): $150
  • General Work in County Right of Way: $150
  • Obstruction: $150

For more information or if you have questions, please contact the Anoka County Permits Office at 763-324-3176, or via email at HighwayPermits@anokacountymn.gov,

View the Permits Payment Portal Opens in new window