University of Minnesota Extension
The University of Minnesota Extension, Anoka County helps people improve quality of life and enhance the economy and the environment through applied research and the resources of the University of Minnesota. Extension - Creating a stronger Minnesota through education and research.
Anoka County Extension Committee Members
- Juanita Reed-Boniface, Chair; email Juanita Reed-Boniface
- Ron Boulton, Vice Chair; email Ron Boulton
- Eva Knudsen, email Eva Knudsen
- Paulette Kostick, email Paulette Kostick
- Reid Mortensen, email Reid Mortensen
- Ann M. Rantanen-Lee, email Ann M. Rantanen-Lee
- County Administration Representative: Andy Soltvedt, email Andy Soltvedt
- Commissioner Mandy Meisner, email Mandy Meisner
- Commissioner Julie Jeppson, email Julie Jeppson
- Regional Extension Director Craig Taylor, email Craig Taylor
Anoka County Extension Staff
- Sarah Devine,
- Kim Ferguson, Administrative Services Assistant
- Anna Gilbertson, Extension Educator, 4-H Youth Development
- Lia Spaniolo, Master Gardener Program Coordinator
4-H Youth Development
4-H clubs are open to youth, kindergarten through one year past high school. The entire family can join in projects and activities. 4-H involvement includes learning by doing, practicing leadership, participating in a wide variety of projects, positive out-of-school time, science and arts enrichment, service to communities, youth teaching youth, and a lot of fun!
* Visit 4-H in Anoka County for more information.
* Follow Anoka County 4-H on Facebook.
Master Gardener Program
Master Gardeners are University of Minnesota-trained volunteers whose job is to educate the public about a variety of horticulture subjects using readily-available, up-to-date, research-based information. This educational effort is designed to enhance the public’s quality of life and to promote good stewardship of the environment.
* Visit Anoka County Master Gardeners for more information.
- Answer Line - Household experts answer questions about food safety, canning and freezing foods, cleaning stains and mildew, and other household questions. Access this information Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-noon, and 1-4 p.m. by calling 800-854-1678.
- Farm Information Line - Extension educators respond to agriculture and small acreage questions. They provide referrals to local extension agriculture personnel where available. Access this information Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. by calling 800-232-9077.
- Soil Test Applications (or pick up from our office)
- Private Pesticide Applicator Training packets can be picked up at our office.