- Law Library
Remote Access to Westlaw is now available.
Our mission is to enhance access to justice for all by providing legal information and tools to the people of Anoka County. To that end, the Anoka County Law Library will 1) maintain adequate print and online legal resources for use of its patrons; 2) provide legal reference and referral services to its users; and 3) collaborate with existing organizations to provide legal information and services in a cost-effective manner.
March 2, 2017
John Murphy, Law Library Director
Honorable Kristin Larson, 2017 Law Library Board of Trustees Chair
Family Law Clinics
The Anoka County Family Law Clinic provides lawyers who may be able to review your legal papers, answer questions about the law, and advise you about court proceedings. This clinic is currently being run remotely with the option of speaking to attorneys via Zoom or phone calls. The attorneys can advise you about divorces, orders for protection, child support motions, custody matters and parenting time (visitation). These lawyers provide a brief service but do not represent you in court. This is a joint program with Anoka County Law Library and Central Minnesota Legal Services. Appointments are required and fill up fast! Click here for more details about the Anoka County Family Law Clinic.
Call 763-324-5560 to set up appointments for these clinics.
Criminal Expungement Clinic
One Monday every month, we partner with Central Minnesota Legal Services for a presentation and clinic to assist those in search of criminal expungement. At 1:30 the attorneys will give a presentation about the process. Following the presentation, they will meet with anyone who has questions and provide additional information. Click here for more details about the Criminal Expungement Clinic
- Legal Reference Assistance
- Photocopies -
- $0.15 per page.
- Coin-operated machine available if staff is unavailable
- If you are a student, ask library staff about student rates for copying.
- Computers - for internet access and document preparation
- Fax - $0.25 per page for local and $1 per page for long distance to send or receive.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Microfiche / ultrafiche reader-printer
- Printing - $0.15 per page.
- Westlaw access
The collection is cataloged and classified according to the Library of Congress and is available online through the Minnesota State Law Library’s online catalog and the Anoka County Public Library online catalog. Search the Minnesota State Law Library catalog.
Selected materials are only available for checkout by Minnesota licensed attorneys while other materials are available for checkout by anyone. You can check out books and have them delivered to your closest public library through the Anoka County Library page. Search the Anoka County Library catalog.
Library holdings include:
- NOLO Legal Topics written for non-lawyers
- Minnesota Statutes
- Minnesota Statutes Annotated
- Minnesota Rules
- Minnesota Practice Series
- United States Code Annotated
- Northwestern Reporter
- Supreme Courts Reports
- The entire American Law Reports Series
- Selected legal treatises and practice guides
- American Jurisprudence 2D (legal encyclopedia)
- Standing order to all Minnesota Continuing Legal Education Courses