Resident and Non-Resident Borrowers
The following shall be the requirements for issuing library cards for use within Anoka County Library:
- Anoka County Library cards shall be issued without charge to all persons who live in or own property in the Anoka County Library District (the Library District is all of Anoka County except the city of Columbia Heights). The Library will require persons to verify their name and address at the time of registration and thereafter on a periodic basis.
- Individuals who are unable to provide current verification of address will be issued a library card which restricts borrowing privileges. Once verification of name and current address are provided, a regular library card will be issued.
- Residents of other Minnesota library districts may use the Anoka County Library as provided by the MELSA Agreement and the Minnesota Statewide Borrowers Compact. A valid library card issued from their local public library will be required. Loans will be made under the regulations stated in these agreements.
- Non residents not qualified by the above factors may obtain a library card and may borrow materials upon payment of an annual non-resident fee. The fee will be the same as that adopted by MELSA.
- All registered borrowers, whether resident or non-resident, are provided with the same level of service, except as provided within contractual agreements with vendors or other service providers. Other, specialized services may be designated as limited to residents should the Library Board so determine.
- An organizational library card may be issued to an organization such as a day-care center, school, etc. if the application criteria is met. Organizational library cards are renewed every two years.
This policy is reviewed every four (4) years, or as needed, by the Library Director (or designee) who makes recommendations to the Library Board Policy Committee. The Committee reviews and revises as necessary, endorses and advances to the full Library Board for approval.
Date Approved: May 2022
Next Review Date: May 2026