Anoka County Job Training Center is accepting applications for Certified Nursing Assistant training and Basic Life Support.
This occupation is currently in high demand in the Twin Cities with a median hourly wage of $19.30/hour and a 4.2% growth in the 7 county Twin Cities area.
(10 year Regional Projections for the period ending 2030 from MN Department of Employment and Development)
Locations: Blaine Human Service Center 1201 89th Avenue Northeast Blaine MN 55434
Prime Time Medical Training LLC 1342 81st Avenue Northeast Spring Lake Park MN 55432
Types of jobs I can get with this certificate
- Personal Care Attendant
- Direct Support Professional
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Home Health Aide
- Resident Assistant
- Nursing Station Technician
- Patient Care Technician
What you get out of the training
- 6 weeks of hybrid and hands-on training.
- Medical Terminology preparation course
- Basic Life Support (CPR/AED) Certification
- Take the Minnesota State Nursing Assistant Exam
- Assistance with resumes and interviewing preparation
- Introductions to health care employers
- Support while you attend the training
- Certified Nursing Assistant Licensure
- Vocational counseling support services to help you succeed in the training and extensive support to find a good job
- 18 years of age or older
- At or below 200% of poverty
- Struggling with lack of stable housing
- Been unemployed for 26 or more weeks in the past 52 weeks
- Identifies as a person of color
- Lacks a high school diploma
- Has a disability and can do the work of a CNA with or without accommodations
- Has limited English or math proficiency, approximately reading at 5th grade level
- Has a criminal record that is not disqualifying to work as a Certified Nursing Assistant
- Complete program assessments
- Committed to finding full-time employment
- Physically able to stand for an 8-hour shift, bend, and lift.
- Must be willing to provide personal cares. Personal Cares are assisting a person with bathing, dressing, toileting, feeding as the person cannot do these things themselves.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Human Services criminal background check – no felonies or offenses such as theft or assault within the last 7-10 years. Petty Misdemeanors are ok and wouldn’t disqualify a person.
Cost: No cost to eligible participants who are at least 18 years of age and meet other eligibility criteria.
Contact: Karol Durdle, 763-324-2297 or firstname.lastname@example.org