Live Trainings - In-Person or Live Webinars
Open to the Community - MNAdopt Trainings
See offerings here: https://www.mnadopt.org/education/
"On Demand" Webinars
Exclusively for Anoka County Foster Parents
Coupon codes will be emailed to Anoka County licensed providers at the beginning of each month. Providers will have free access to each webinar only during the designated month. Providers may also contact their foster care social worker to obtain the code.
Foster Parent College Blended Pre-Service Curriculum
(This training series is available to all licensed providers and applicants)
A joint effort between the Minnesota Department of Human Services and County Social Services Agencies using the Foster Parent College curriculum. The Minnesota Child Welfare Training System (MCWTS) has a contract with Foster Parent College to offer their blended Pre-service training to foster parents. It is a blend of online and in-person training.
Foster Parent College
FPC Blended Pre-service Training is a learning experience that combines online eLearning modules and virtual, face-to-face instruction. This course will allow you to connect with other parents in Minnesota and learn the knowledge and skills necessary to be a successful foster parent.
In total, FPC Blended Pre-service Training takes approximately two months to complete and consists of four (4) face-to-face meetings (held via Zoom) and ten (10) online modules. Because this course is being offered virtually, the length of the meetings has been reduced to avoid screen fatigue and are supplemented with pre-work assignments in the MNCWTA’s Learning Management System, Canvas. You will also have access to more than 70 eLearning modules through the FPC website.
FPC Blended Pre-service Training is grouped into cohorts with a minimum of four (4) and a maximum of thirteen (13) households in attendance. Meetings are held bi-weekly and are expected to last approximately two hours. Upcoming cohorts options include:
- Meeting 1: June 7, 2022, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Meeting 2: June 21, 2022, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Meeting 3: July 12, 2022, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Meeting 4: July 26, 2022, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Meeting 1: August 11, 2022, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Meeting 2: August 25, 2022, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Meeting 3: September 8, 2022, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Meeting 4: September 22, 2022, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Meeting 1: October 4, 2022, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Meeting 2: October 18, 2022, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Meeting 3: November 1, 2022, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Meeting 4: November 15, 2022, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Meeting 1: December 1, 2022, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Meeting 2: December 15, 2022, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Meeting 3: December 29, 2022, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Meeting 4: January 12, 2023, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
To register, or for more information, contact:
Lisa Coleman | 763-324-1434 | Lisa.firstname.lastname@example.org
26th Annual Anoka County Fall Foster Provider Conference
The Fall Conference is currently on hold due to the pandemic. Providers will be notified when we are able to resume.
InfoAdvanced Widget: Category XX-CollapsibleFromInfoAdvanced. DO NOT DELETE