Main Street (CSAH 14) at Sunset Avenue (CR 53)
Virtual Public Open House Available Through November 26
Visit the CSAH 14 (Main St/125th Ave) and County Road 53 (Sunset Ave) virtual public open house today at www.csah14roundabout.com.
Learn about the future intersection improvements and connect with the project team.
Project Background / Description
Anoka County, in partnership with the Cities of Blaine and Lino Lakes, is developing a preliminary layout for Main Street (CSAH 14) at the intersection with Sunset Avenue NE (CR 53). The project is in the preliminary development phase, and will include reconstruction of the intersection to a single lane roundabout, providing full access and enabling u-turns for right-in/right-out controlled access, which will improve the safety and mobility of all modes of transportation. Construction is scheduled in Spring 2024.
Provided below are the project goals being considered during the design and construction phase of this project:
- Safely accommodate all users including motor vehicles, pedestrians, and bicyclists;
- Improve storm water management and treatment;
- Reduce impacts and avoid, where appropriate, the natural resources and wetlands adjacent to the highway corridor;
- Provide efficient mobility and access for all modes of travel; and
- Develop a financially responsible design that minimizes right-of-way and environmental resource impacts.
Provided below is an overview of the project schedule identifying key milestones in the process:
- Develop Concepts and Identify Preferred Alternative – Winter 2022
- Develop Geometric Layout – Winter 2022
- Preliminary Design – Winter 2022/23
- Public Open House – January 2023
- Final Design – Summer 2023 to Winter 2023/24
- Public Open House - October/November 2023
- Construction – Spring 2024
Current Layout - 08-22-2023
If you have any questions about the proposed project or would like to comment on any aspect of the project, please contact either of the representatives below:
- Aaron Anderson, Design Engineer III
763-324-3119 or Email
- Nicholas Dobda, Manager, Engineering
763-324-3118 or Email