Onsite and Off-site Video Visitation Information & Rules
It is the intent of the Jail Division to provide incarcerated individuals the opportunity to retain family ties through the visitation program. Visitors and the incarcerated individuals are responsible for following all laws and regulations of the facility.
In order to ensure orderly operation of the Jail, the following is a list of information and requirements that will assist us in serving you better. Please keep in mind that these rules cannot cover every situation and that staff will deal with unusual issues on a case-by-case basis.
Video Visiting Information Applicable to On-site and Off-site Visits
- All visits are subject to monitoring and recording.
- Visits must be scheduled 24 hours prior to the desired visiting data and time. They may be scheduled up to one week in advance.
- There is a limit of one 20-minute visit per day, per incarcerated individual.
- Visits will start promptly at the time scheduled and will terminate exactly 20 minutes later. A count-down timer is provided on the terminal screen.
- You cannot visit an incarcerated individual if there is a Restraining Order or No-Contact order between the two of you. Doing so will result in the termination of the visit and notification of the applicable law enforcement agency.
- Nudity or partial nudity will result in the termination of a visit and restriction of future visits.
- The visitation schedule may be cancelled or altered on county appointed holidays or for safety / security reasons.
- Staff can deny, change, or cancel a visit at any time at their discretion.
- Visitors appearing to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will have their visits terminated.
- You must wear clothing appropriate for a public venue. Clothing cannot be see-through, sheer, or suggestive. Examples of inappropriate clothing may include, but is not limited to:
- Tube tops, low neckline shirts / blouses, very short shorts or short skirts that expose the breast / chest area, genitals, or buttocks.
- Clothing shall be worn as designed . . . buttons, snaps, and zippers will remain fastened, etc.
- Clothing or other items displaying gang-related symbols, themes or colors are prohibited.
- Clothing containing vulgar themes, objectionable language, or objectionable images is prohibited. (Staff will determine whether an item is vulgar or objectionable.)
Information Specific to On-site Video Visiting
- Two adult visitors, per incarcerated individual, are allowed in the video visitation room at one time. Children may accompany the adult visitors but must remain under their control.
- No Minors/Children shall be left unattended in the jail’s lobby or on the grounds of the jail facility.
- Visitors who create a disturbance / disruption or who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol will have their visit terminated and future visits restricted.
- Visitors who use / demonstrate inappropriate sexual gestures or behaviors will have their visit terminated and potentially be barred from future visits.
- Profane or offensive language will not be allowed. Any such behavior by a visitor will result in their visit being terminated and potentially be barred from future visits.
- Anyone tampering with or damaging the video equipment will have their visit terminated and potentially be barred from future visits.
- Anyone tampering with or damaging facility equipment or furnishings will have their visit terminated and potentially be barred from future visits.
- Visitors bringing unauthorized firearms, explosives, tools for escape, alcoholic beverages, narcotics or any controlled substances into the jail is a crime and may be cause for arrest.
- Visitors are not allowed to stack or rock back in the provided chairs.