Anoka County Child Care Licensing understands the importance of parents finding a safe and reliable setting where children can thrive and grow. There are many types of child care services. This website focuses on family child care only. Who must be licensed? What does it mean if you choose unlicensed care?
When considering what kind of setting is best for your child(ren), here are a few reasons why licensed family child care may be a great option for your family:
- More intimate setting to meet children's needs
- Siblings can be together
- Convenient and often more affordable
Licensed family child care providers:
- Must meet standards of care to protect the health and safety of children
- Are monitored by county licensing staff
- Complete annual required trainings Opens a New Window.
- Have background checks on all caregivers and household members
Selecting the right child care provider for your family is very important. Use this checklist of items (PDF) to help with your decision.