Support for the app has been discontinued by the vendor.
We apologize for the abrupt end to this service and the inconvenience this causes. We are actively looking for a replacement app although we don’t have a timeline established yet of when a new app will be available.
- This change does not affect any items you currently have checked out, your place in line for holds, autorenewal of items, or any other areas of your account. Since the app is no longer updating, account information you see there regarding holds, due dates, and items you have checked out is no longer accurate.
- You can search for items, place holds, renew items, and manage your account online by clicking “My Account” in the top menu bar of our website or while you are browsing in the online catalog. The catalog is available on browsers and is mobile device compatible.
- This option does not allow for management of linked accounts with a single login. Unfortunately, you will have to log in to each account for your household separately.
- You can save a shortcut on your mobile device for quicker access.
- On an Apple device, open the catalog webpage and then click on the "share" icon. Click "Add to Home Screen" and then save it with any name you prefer.
- On an Android device, open the catalog webpage and then click on the "menu" icon (3 vertical dots). Click "Add to Home Screen" and then save it with any name you prefer.
- Libby, our app for eBooks, audiobooks, and eMagazines, is not affected. Don’t have Libby yet? Visit melsa.overdrive.com or download it in the app store.
- Need to access your library card number?
- Currently, you can still open the app and click on “My Barcode”. You can take a screenshot of your barcode or write your library card number down.
- You can also access your library card number in the Libby app by clicking the Menu icon (3 small lines) and then clicking “Manage Cards”.