WHAT'S NEW IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS???? Spring 2019 to 2020STAFFING UPDATES:$500 Stipend Still Available to All Paid CDCS Staff (Incl. paid parents/spouse)
– DHS would like to encourage better trained staff. To learn how to access the stipend: Go to DHS Website
for more details. Expires on or before June 30, 2020.Potential Enhanced Rates for Trained Staff Working with Complex Medical or High Behavioral Participants:
A 7.5% increase to CDCS budgets for trained staff wages is available for our highest need’s participants assessed for 12+ hours of PCA. Go to DHS Website
for more details.PPOM/Spouse Wage Changes Effective July 1, 2019.
Consult with FMS regarding if wanting to change wage (Additional paperwork required).
- PPM/Spouse with PTO: $17.26
- PPM/Spouse without PTO: $17.80
- Enhanced Rate (7.5%) PPM/Spouse: = $18.56
- Enhanced Rate (7.5%) PPM/Spouse without PTO: $19.14
: All staff’s timesheets need to reflect the hours that the staff actually
worked including parents of minors and spouses.Intermittent Overtime
: Overtime must be prior approved before use. A Technical Assistance will be issued whenever unapproved overtime is paid. Discuss with your Case Manager if you have questions regarding the use of Intermittent Overtime. Paid Time Off (PTO):
All staff have the option of opting out of PTO when they have worked 600 hours or been open to CDCS for 6+ months. Opting out of PTO will affect the staff’s wage and require additional paperwork and ramifications. Contact your FMS for details. Shared Services
has been approved as an allowable service. Shared Services is a service that is provided at the same time by the same direct support worker to more than one CDCS participant and who has entered into an agreement to share CDCS services. See CDCS Policy
for more detail. Form required is DHS-6633D. Job Descriptions are Required for ALL Staff.
PROGRAM UPDATES: New CDCS Guidelines Coming Soon!
- The descriptions can be written into the CDCS plan directly or participants may submit other documentation E.g. Anoka Job Description Form.
- The job responsibilities should align with the number of hours a staff works and list only allowable job duties.
Updated CDCS Guidelines will be coming out soon. Licensed Waiver Services Allowed.
Licensed waivered services such as Employment services, PCA, nursing, etc., are also available for use within the CDCS budget. See CBSM
for more detailed services listed in each different waiver (left side click on Waiver Programs). Budget Exceptions/Requirements:
A participant can receive an increase to their budget if one of the three following criteria are met, see CDCS Policy
for more details.
CDCS and Health and Safety Plans:
- Coordinated Services and Support Plan (CSSP) identifies a need for more services in employment, transitioning to a new home and/or positive behavior support plan to ensure the participant can continue to have needs met by CDCS. Up to a 30% increase.
- Person on the waiver (not using CDCS) uses licensed providers and/or can demonstrate that upon choosing CDCS their services would cost less annually then current services.
- Person is not on the waiver and has not been offered appropriate services within 60 days of discharge approval from an institution and requires support that exceed his/her state-set budget.
CDCS Plans and Healthy Safety Plans need to clearly describe the participant’s health and safety needs and how they will be met. Be sure there are not tasks listed in the plan that paid staff cannot be paid to provide. For example, paid staff cannot provide supports or complete tasks that require a certification or license to complete them, such as PCA certification or Nursing License (RN, LPN). CDCS Paid Staff can be paid for activities of daily living (ADL’s), instrumental activities of daily living (IADL’s), behavior redirection, supervision beyond what is age appropriate (and possibly skill building). Submit no more than ONE Addendum per month for Approval.
This allows time for it to be reviewed and resolved prior to the next requests. An addendum form can include more then one
change and must be clearly tied to an existing goal or a new goal submitted as well. Alternative Staffing Agencies May Be Used to Recruit Staff –
Joshin Care is an example of this. Joshin finds staff and then the staff gets hired through the FMS. 2020 Non-Medical Federal Mileage Rate:
Maximum mileage reimbursement rate for staff is now $0.57.5 per mile. FMS will not pay out more than this even if approved in the plan. Purpose of Forms
: The purpose of the additional forms (Adaptive Swim, Camp request, Computer/Tablet Request, Positive Behavior Plan, etc.) are to guide the information that is needed to approve those specific goods or services. If all needed information is already in the plan and it includes attached professional documentation (when required), the additional forms do NOT
need to be completed.
WATCH THE CDCS VIDEO
- The exception to this is the MHCP Alternative or Specialized Therapy/Treatment Form. This must always be completed when requesting an alternative therapy or treatment.
- DHS has new video explaining the basics of CDCS . This is a great refresher. http://pathlore.dhs.mn.gov/courseware/DisabilityServices/3-DirectAccess/CDCS/multiscreen.html The Next Newsletter will be distributed in July 2020.