2021 Spring Edition - CorrectedA message from the Coordinators: Happy Spring! With Spring and Vaccinations around the corner, normalcy will return. What that looks like exactly is yet to be seen. Several CDCS rules changed over this last year to better serve and meet the needs of families during the pandemic. You will start to see some of the service and rules go back to pre-COVID 19 times (See below). We wish you all a happy return to life as we “knew” it and maybe there will be some positive changes as a result of what we all learned during this time.Hanna and Kerry 8.4% Increase to Expenses
– For all expenses made between Dec. 1, 2020 – Feb. 7, 2021, the FMS will receive an additional 8.4% back from the state. If you have not already done so, please let your FMS know how you would like these funds distributed. 80%-100% could be given to staff and/or up to 20% can be used to get reimbursed for PPE supplies. These funds will be distributed sometime this Spring. If you have questions, contact your FMS coordinator or go to: https://mn.gov/dhs/partners-and-providers/news-initiatives-reports-workgroups/long-term-services-and-supports/8.4-covid-increase-faq.jsp PPOM/Spouse 40 hour/Week/Household Limit
– Due to more limited staffing options during the pandemic, the state and federal governments temporarily waived the 40 hour/week/household rule for parents of minors and spouses that paid to provide personal assistance. Qualifying for additional hours requires completion of an addendum and MUST still meet ALL waiver criteria. Talk to your support planner or case manager about this if you believe you qualify and you have remaining funds in your budget. This opportunity is projected
to end on May 14, 2021. For more information: https://mn.gov/dhs/partners-and-providers/news-initiatives-reports-workgroups/long-term-services-and-supports/news/40-hour-faq.jsp
or https://mn.gov/dhs/waivers-and-modifications/ 2.0 Net Study Background Studies for New Staff
– New staff hired during the pandemic will need to complete the Net Study 2.0 Background Study within 60 days after the peacetime emergency expires which would be projected as May 14,2021. Talk to your FMS about open locations and timelines or go to https://mn.gov/dhs/waivers-and-modifications/ Remote Support to Expire
- Temporary remote support that has been allowed by phone or computer for both direct support staff to continue to provide some personal assistance and alternative therapies, is set to expire on June 30, 2021. Unless, the state and federal statute is permanently changed, this will no longer be allowed on CDCS after this date. For more information go to https://mn.gov/dhs/waivers-and-modifications/ Mileage Rate for 2021 –
The mileage rate for CDCS staff for 2021 is a maximum of 56 cents/mile. Vaccine Availability
: The State of MN has launched a tool to help Minnesotans figure out where they can get vaccinated once they become eligible. For this information go to https://mn.gov/covid19/vaccine/connector/
or call 833-431-2053. Shared Services Reminder
: If you are doing Shared Services, you will need to complete E-Doc 6633D and a Staff Schedule outlining when ALL staff are typically working with ALL the participants receiving CDCS Services in the household. Each participant’s shared schedule and budgeted shared hours/week should match. There should be no overlapping hours. The activities that are shared and the number of staffing hours should make sense based on the participant’s assessed needs. See examples and access to a BLANK schedule on our website at www.anokacounty.us/CDCS
Forms and Guides. Why do some of my services/items from the previous year get questioned or do not get approved the following year?
RECOMMENDED RESOURCES FROM OTHER PARTICIPANTS:
- Each plan is reviewed individually and specifically based on the person’s new annual MnCHOICES assessment. Needs can change from one year to the next.
- State and federal guidelines change.
- Lead agency received further guidance and clarification from DHS on what is allowed or is not allowed.
- “Customary and reasonable” costs and/or what is a "typical expense" for anyone changes over time.
- The service or item is not explained well enough or does not have enough information to approve it (e.g. need a professional recommendation). Keep in mind different supervisors may be reviewing the plan from year to year and may not know the person at all. Be specific and KEEP the details from year to year or ADD the detailed information from an Addendum or email regarding a new item or service.