- Highway Department
- Highway Projects
- 2023 Projects
- Hwy 10/Ramsey Blvd Interchange
Ramsey Gateway Project
Welcome to the project website for the Ramsey Gateway Highway 10 Project. This website provides an overview of the project, houses the public meeting summaries, and will contain updates as the project evolves. Detailed information that is shared at the public meetings, such as design alternates, videos, or interactive maps, are housed on the virtual open house webpage .
See the current project layout here.
Anoka County, MnDOT, and the City of Ramsey developed a locally supported vision of the Highway 10 corridor through Ramsey as part of the Ramsey Gateway Highway 10 Study. The Ramsey Gateway Highway 10 Project continues that vision with design of two grade-separated interchanges at Ramsey Boulevard and Sunfish Lake Boulevard that will replace existing signalized intersections. Grade separation of the BNSF Railway and a new frontage road between Ramsey Boulevard and Sunfish Lake Boulevard are also part of this design project.
Project goals include:
- Safely accommodating all users including motor vehicles, freight, rail, transit, pedestrians, and bicyclists
- Providing efficient mobility and access for all modes of travel
- Developing a financially responsible design that minimizes right-of-way and environmental resource impacts
- Securing additional funding for full project construction
We are currently in final design in preparation for construction activities to begin in 2023. For an overview of the project development process, see the graphic below.
Key milestones of the project are shown in the schedule below:
- Public Open Houses – Winter 2021, Spring 2021, Summer 2022, Early Spring 2023
- Preliminary Design – June 2020 to August 2021
- Final Design – September 2021 to Jan 2023
- Right of Way Acquisition Process – January 2022 to January 2023
- Preliminary Construction Activities (Widening): Summer/Fall 2023
- Primary Construction: Spring 2024 – Fall 2025
Documents & Previous Studies
If you have questions or comments about the project, please contact:
- Nicholas Dobda, Manager, Engineering
763-324-3118 or Email
- Jason Orcutt, Senior Manager, Highway Programs
763-324-3115 or Email